Saturday, July 7, 2012

Romans 5--6: Much More

I just had a small revelation reading Romans 5 and 6.  I say small because it is one of those things that I have long known but not always grasped.  So I shall try my best to put it in words.
"Much more then, having been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him" (Romans 5:9). 
Much more.  It almost sounds redundant, the claims of this "much more."  But I think it fits well with what comes later, our newness of life in Christ, freedom from sin, and death of the old man with Christ's death.  While we were yet sinners Christ died for us, the ungodly.  That changes the whole paradigm, changes our standing, changes how God sees us.  If while we were sinners, revilers, rebels and enemies of God, God's Son died for us; much more will He desire to save us now that He sees us justified, reconciled to himself, beloved children, even the righteousness of God.  If He was willing good for us while sinners, how much more when we are His children?  Because of this we have a hope that does not disappoint (5:2-5).  Hope can sound like a risky thing.  But this hope of glory of God, for those who are justified, is a sure thing.

1 comment:

  1. Rabbit Room a few days ago did a post about hope. Got to me. You should read it. "A Sudden Joyous Turn" by Andrew Peterson.

    ReplyDelete