Monday, August 1, 2011

Ezekiel 37: You Alone Know

June 16, 2011
He asked me, "Son of man, can these bones live?" I said, "O Sovereign LORD, You alone know." Then He said to me, "Prophesy to these bones and say to them, 'Dry bones, hear the word of the Lord!'"

Ezekiel 37:3-4

This sounds like a test and apparently Ezekiel gave the right answer. He does not say, "No, LORD, it is impossible." Neither does he say, "Yes, they can live." Zeke turns it over to God, "Only You know." Maybe by now, with all his prophesying, he simply knew better. God can do what to us is impossible, but He alone knows if He will. Better for us to know that, perhaps, than to build expectations of anything besides God's will being done.
I used to do that, plan the future in my head, try to figure out what would be as if I were a conjurer. But God does His will, and it is wonderful. This is trust indeed. O Sovereign LORD, You alone know our hearts and what impossibilities You will do. And this is good. I trust in You. Do Your perfect will and lead me to do it too. Forgive me for when I have not trusted, please. Jesus, let me know the Father's will.

No comments:

Post a Comment